Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Soul Longing for More

*This post was written in response to the Week One Blog Hop on Proverbs31's current Online Bible Study:  What Happens When Women Say Yes To God.  


Sitting at His feet in the quiet of the morning.  There is at least another hour before any of my children will stir. It takes a little bit for the blur in my recently opened eyes to pass, but when it does, I focus on that which brings direction to my path-- God's Word.  God uses it to guide and direct my day; each day becomes my life.  I leave my time with Him and His Word with a sense of purpose and an assurance of His power and presence.

And then there is prayer-- talking honestly, admitting my failures, asking for guidance, wisdom, provisions, and asking the same for those around me-- those whose needs of which I have learned.  It is in this time of conversation with my Lord that I can empty myself of every worry, fear, and problem and be filled with His love, joy, and peace.

Yet if I stop here, I often fail.  Bible reading and prayer are the foundation for my day, but the real power comes in turning to Him in the little moments throughout my day.  It's when I face a problem and whisper a prayer for His help.  It's when I face a decision and think back to God's Word to understand which direction I should go.  It's when I feel angry but choose a gentle answer rather than wrath.  It's when I feel weighted down with the problems around me, but instead of giving into feelings of depression, I choose to believe that God is using these trials to shape me into a better person because His Word tells me so.  It is when the night gets long with a sick child, and my mind begins to wonder how I will make it through the next day.  God reminds me that His grace is sufficient for me, and I believe Him.  When I say "yes" to God in these mundane moments, it is then that I find His grace, His strength, and His peace.



6 comments:

  1. Love this post! Spoke directly into my heart. Thanks for sharing :)

    Trish (OBS Team Leader)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog title: planted by the river. Thank you for this post very enriching !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your post. So many of your everyday moments when we must say yes to God, I can relate to. Thank you for the reminder that God does not just want to be #1 on our daily checklist He wants to be a part of every part of our daily life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post touched my heart. Thank you for sharing and reminding us how god is in the mundane!!

    ReplyDelete